There will be an opportunity for people to connect and regenerate, with live music and food for all. Music from bands, DJs and solo performers, both local and from the rest of the UK Performances - poets and other artists XR MCR Samba Band Rebel Radio - pop up station covering the event.
There’s room in our schedule for more acts - to perform at Rebel Fest please sign up here.
If you wish to join the Samba Band, practice is every Tuesdays from 8pm-10pm.
Percussion instruments can be provided.St Edmund’s Church,
Alexandra Road South,
We will create a peaceful oasis of social change, action, and regeneration - a non-violent, no drink or drugs space, where all will be welcome.
- Camping on site (bring your own tent/sleeping bag)
- Garden - an oasis of green calm (bring your own potted plant!)
- Kitchen - vegan food and water (but please also bring your own water/reusable cups)
- Wellbeing - a place to relax and regenerate
- Art - including some eye-catching new installations made specially for the site!
- Printing - bring your T-shirts and fabric for XR block logos
- Family space - activities for kids and parents
- Composting toilets
- Recycling and responsible waste disposal.
We're also looking for volunteers to help with any area of the Rebel Camp or add any new ideas.
We’ll host talks and training from both Extinction Rebellion and external experts, telling the truth about the ecological breakdown we face, and showing the facts about the impact it is having on global communities, and our natural world, right now.
New and existing rebels will be able to get skilled up in all key areas, including Non-Violent Direct Action and Well-being and Regenerative Culture.
A few of the individuals and groups coming to talk at #NorthernRebellion are:
- Julia Steinberger
- Seeds for Change
- Change Climate Refugees Welcome Here
- Solutions Zone
There are many more, some more widely known than others - keep your ears open for news about headline acts and guests over the course of the weekend.
We’ll also hold People’s Assemblies every day to decide how the action proceeds as well as on specific topics such as political change and ideas / feedback for XR’s October action.